There are many vegetarians among the film and music stars we know and like. This group also includes numerous sportspeople, scientists, writers, politicians and thinkers.
- Maja Ostaszewska(actress): “Exploitation, injuring and killing of animals as well as treating them like objects is something frightening and proves a very low level of humanity.”
- Moby (musician): “People and animals may differ in terms of intellect, but it’s obvious that animals have rich emotional lives; they feel joy and pain. It’s so easy for people to forget about the simple relationship between a hamburger and the cow from which it comes.”
- Natalia and Paulina Przybysz(the Sistars band): “What happens to pigs in large-scale breeding is horrifying. Think about what you eat. We eat no meat and feel no need to.”
- Clint Eastwood (actor and director): “I take vitamins every day, but supplements aren’t the most important thing. I try to stick to the vegan diet, which is rich in fruit, vegetables, tofu and other soy products.”
- Natalie Portman (actress): “I became a vegetarian when I was about nine years old. I think that one cannot establish a hierarchy among various living beings with the value of their lives as the criterion.”
- Tom Yorke (leader of Radiohead) “I was always sick when I ate meat. When I became a vegan, I immediately felt healthier and more attractive. Becoming a vegetarian was one of the first decisions I made so as not to be a part of the meat system.”